The 2008 South Carolina IT and Web Accessibility Conference
The 2008 South Carolina Information Technology and Web Accessibility Conference was held Wednesday, March 19, 2008, at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, in Columbia, South Carolina.
This year's featured speaker was Debra Ruh.
Ms. Debra Ruh is the Founder of TecAccess, the leading provider of comprehensive accessible technology programs, disability employment services, and marketing solutions that allow organizations to better serve the worlds largest and fastest growing minority group of people with disabilities and the mature audience.
Section 508 Compliance (Powerpoint)
Return On Investment (ROI) of Accessibility (Powerpoint)
Buying Accessible IT Products (Powerpoint)
Moving into the Future: The impact of total technology immersion in our everyday life (Powerpoint)
On March 20, 2008, we had have an additional training session by Debra Ruh. Leading the way in Accessibility: An Action Plan for South Carolina was held at the SC Department of Archives and History.
Contact one of the following members of the IT and Web Accessibility Conference Committee:
- Janet Jendron, South Carolina Assistive Technology Program (SCATP) (Chair of the 2008 Accessibility Conference Committee)
- Wendy Mullin, University of South Carolina
- Nancy Piester, South Carolina Department of Archives and History
- Cheryl Kirkpatrick, Midlands Technical College
- Larry Mallett, SC State Budget Control Board
- Don Cantrell, Director, Office of Internal Technology, South Carolina Department of Education
- Matt Braaten, Director Academic Web Based Communications, Office of Academic Affairs, Lander University
- Samuel Hahn, Assistant Webmaster, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- Evelyn Evans, Director, SC Assistive Technology Program, USC School of Medicine, Center for Disabiity Resources